The holidays are among us and here in FULL force. We all equate the holidays with parties, and with those parties we certainly expect to be enjoying some great food and libations!
Ahhh, libations…… spiked eggnog, wine, champagne, bourbon, beer, whatever your drink of choice it certainly takes its toll on our skin and can leave our holiday “glow” looking a bit drab and flat!!! What are we to do???
Well, here are a few tips to help you manage the holiday cheer and keep your skin looking picture perfect for all the parties and celebrations.
7 Tips For Better Skin
Before we get into to what to do the day after, let’s take care of one of the most important things first: Wash your face before going to bed!!! Not removing your makeup and skin care products before bed is the quickest way to age your skin and cause additional skin issues such as breakouts!!!!
- Drink lots of water. Alcohol dehydrates you so between every cocktail have a glass of water. Also, that post-party headache you have the next day is from dehydration so skip the cup of coffee and go for a glass of water with the juice of half a lemon to help flush the toxins from your body.
- Soak in an Epsom and sea salt bath to further eliminate the toxins from your body and soothes tired muscles. Finish off with your favorite moisturizer to lock in the hydration and smooth your skin.
- Apply a hydrating masque to your face to brighten your complexion for the next party! Even better, put this on while you’re soaking in the tub!!!
- Oh these eyes!!! Puffy eyes are impossible to hide. To help reduce post-party puffiness try placing warm (not hot) tea bags in your eyes for 5 minutes. Or try cool compresses.
- Apply a serum! Serums are loaded with antioxidants, plant extracts, peptides and vitamins. Serums are more easily absorbed into the skin because of the smaller molecular size of the particles in them. Serums can help give you brighter, more hydrated, younger-looking healthier skin.
- Apply a makeup primer. Makeup primers are no absorbed into the skin and they allow you to smoothly apply your makeup without having it settle in those pesky fine lines.
- You are what you eat!! Remember that old saying? Well it is true. If you’re feeding your cells unhealthy nutrients like sugar and fat then you can be assured that your skin will show that. Stock up on fresh fruits and vegetables as often as possible and provide the best possible nutrients for your skin and every cell in your body.
We hope that these tips will help you to navigate your post-party holiday celebrations while keeping your skin looking it’s best. Happy Holidays from us at Hill Country Cosmetics.